DMV Satellite Office Services

You must make an appointment for the Wednesday only Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) services. You can call 702-293-9257 to make your appointment and, if necessary, please leave a voicemail message and a DMV representative will call you back. The Boulder City Police Department DMV Satellite Office does not charge a separate processing fee for any transaction and will accept cash, checks, debit cards, as well as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards for payment.

New Vehicle Registrations

  • You can register your new vehicle bought from a Nevada dealership. You must bring in your ’green slip’ (Dealers Report of Sale) and show proof of Nevada insurance. We can also register vehicles from out-of-state as long as that registration is current. We have a variety of license plate styles available, but not immediately on hand. When calling to make your appointment, let us know which style you would like so we can have it available for you. Lastly, we can transfer your current plate to your new vehicle. Our satellite office cannot process private party sales or titles.

Registration Renewal

  • Similar to new vehicle registrations, except we can apply tax exemptions or use fee credits.

Handicapped Plates and Placards

  • You can submit your doctor’s form here to receive handicap plates, handicap placards, or both. You can also get a replacement placard if yours is lost or damaged.

Temporary Movement Permits

  • Our office can issue these permits so you can get everything "legal" to get your vehicle registered.

Duplicate Registration Certificate and Decal

  • Our office can reprint your registration certificate and provide a replacement registration decal if yours is lost or damaged (or not received after person to person or internet registration).

License Plate Surrender

- You must cancel your registration and surrender your license plates if:

  • You have canceled the vehicle liability insurance for any reason. You should surrender the plates before you drop the insurance.
  • You have sold, or otherwise disposed of a vehicle, and will not use the plates on another vehicle within 30 days.
  • Your vehicle will be store or under repairs for an extended period and you do not wish to keep the liability insurance or registration in effect.