NOTE CHANGE IN SCHEDULE: The City is collecting household staples for those in need at City Hall on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. until noon only. We welcome donations from residents as well as businesses that have goods that they do not currently need due to the Governor-ordered closure. Items will be distributed to local organizations, senior centers and individuals in need as their supplies diminish. Items that will be accepted include:
- Non-perishable food items (canned, boxed, unopened)
- Sealed beverages (i.e. water, Gatorade; no alcohol accepted)
- Toilet paper, tissue, paper towel
- Disposable paper or plastic plates, bowls, cups and utensils
- Pet food and supplies
- Personal hygiene supplies (sealed toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Feminine products
- Medical grade surgical gowns and masks (no homemade items, please)
- Rubber or latex gloves
- Batteries for small appliances
We will not be accepting household furniture, home accessories, medicines or books. Those preferring to make cash donations may choose to donate directly to our local charities. Receipts will be available for those making donations. For more information or if you are in need of items, contact Paul Sikora, Logistics Manager for the Boulder City Emergency Operations Center at 702.293.9246.
The City has started a database for those who want to volunteer to assist: email the City at email@example.com to add your name, contact information (email and phone) and how you can help.