News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/31/2022 1:12:00 PM to 1/31/2022 1:52:35 PM.
Boulder City News and Information
Posted on: February 1, 2022
[ARCHIVED] Nominations Open for 2022 Historic Preservation Award
Since 2011, the Boulder City Historic Preservation Committee and City Council have granted an annual Historic Preservation Award (a plaque and certificate) to recognize the hard work of our local citizens in their efforts to maintain and enhance the architectural, historical, and cultural heritage of Boulder City. The Committee will select an awardee in April. The award recipient will be recognized by City Council via individual video to be posted online to the City’s webpage and social media accounts during Preservation Month in May.
Is your restoration project a winner? Have you seen a preservation project you think is award-worthy? We invite you to nominate projects you believe are most deserving of this honor! Nominations are open now through Sunday, April 17, 2022.
Criteria for nominations:
- The property must be within the Boulder City Historic District.
- The award is based on the exterior of the building/property, as readily visible from the street.
- The award is open to all properties and/or features (residential, commercial, institutional, religious, parks, landscapes, streetscapes, and so on).
- The award can be for a historically appropriate remodel, addition, or new construction, or for an excellent example of preservation or restoration.
- The award will not be based on the number of nominations for a property.
The Historic Preservation Committee will consider factors such as whether the building or feature:
Requirements for nominations:
- Property address, or name of current business/church/institution.
- Note: Any property can be nominated by any person.
- Although not a requirement, submission of photos (especially BEFORE & AFTER photos if applicable) will be of assistance to the Committee.
Nominations can be submitted:
- Online by clicking here; or
- By mail to the Community Development Department, City Hall, 401 California Avenue, Boulder City, NV 89005.
Deadline for submittals:
All nominations must be submitted by Sunday, April 17, 2022.
The winners of the previous awards can be found by clicking on “Prior Historic Preservation Award Recipients” to the left above. The Committee looks forward to receiving your nominations!