May I drain my swimming pool into the street?
This depends upon the rate of discharge. If a swimming pool is to be drained slowly, say through a garden hose, then the water must be emptied through the emptying line (garden hose) and discharged into the sewer or street. If the pool will be drained using a hose larger than 2 inches, a special permit may be required. Part of this special permit is the review process that includes a review of the discharge calculations to ensure the slug of water will not negatively impact the city's sanitary sewer system. If you believe a special permit may required to drain your pool, please contact the Engineering Division of the Public Works Department at 702-293-9200.

Show All Answers

1. I need to complain! Who will listen?
2. What happens when I report a potential violation?
3. I received a violation notice. Who turned me in? Why are you picking on me?
4. Why am I responsible for a violation that existed before I bought the property?
5. There is a property in my neighborhood that has been vacant for some time. Can anything be done about it?
6. My neighbor's trees drop leaves and needles into my yard. Can anything be done about this?
7. What do I do if I see a green pool?
8. May I drain my swimming pool into the street?
9. May I park or store a vehicle in the street?
10. What is considered a junk vehicle?
11. May I keep a vehicle that is inoperable?
12. May I repair my vehicle at my house?
13. May I store a recreational vehicle or trailer on my property?
14. May I park a vehicle in the front or side yard of my property?
15. May I post temporary signs on utility poles and/or other devices in public rights-of-way?
16. May a business be conducted from a residence?
17. How many garage / yard sales may I have each year? Is a permit required?
18. May I advertise my garage sale?
19. Where can I store my trash can and recycle bins?