The mission of the Boulder City Code Enforcement Program is to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. Through the efforts of the Code Enforcement Officer, the City is able to help maintain and improve the quality of our community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of municipal codes and land use requirements. Additionally, the code enforcement program works with residents, neighborhood associations, public services agencies and other city departments to:
- Facilitate voluntary compliance with city laws and codes
- Empower community self-help programs
- Develop public outreach programs
- Establish community priorities for enforcement programs
Similar to other communities of a similar size in Nevada and across the country, our enforcement program is complaint driven. Each complaint is investigated, compliance is requested and documented, and if necessary, citations are issued if voluntary compliance is not achieved. Approximately 1 in 45 valid complaints does result in a citation and court action.The program operates under the general premise that most violators do not know they are in violation of the law. Zoning laws and other community codes can be complex and a mystery to most citizens. Code Enforcement is principally an education campaign. We have found that most property owners want to comply voluntarily and are happy to do so once the law is explained to them.
You can make Boulder City a better place to live, learn, work and play by following these steps to resolve code enforcement violations in your neighborhood:
◦ Work with local neighborhood associations to resolve local issues. Often a polite knock on the door and discussion can resolve many problems.
◦ Coordinate local neighborhood clean-up efforts. Many homeowners in the community would like to be compliant, but do not have either the physical ability or financial wherewithal to clean their properties. Assisting your neighbors in their time of great need can lead to new friendships and improved property values.
◦ Report a code violation. When reporting a possible violation, please provide specific and detailed information, including exact location or address and a complete description of the violation. All information provided is kept confidential. You may report a code violation using one of the following methods:
3) Leave a message on 24 hour hotline at 702-589-9603.