- Municipal Court
- Civil Infraction Violations/Minor Traffic
Civil Infraction Violations/Minor Traffic
MUST RESPOND TO THE COURT NO LATER THAN 90 CALENDAR DAYS AFTER THE DATE ON WHICH THE CIVIL INFRACTION WAS ISSUED.
Civil Infractions will not appear in case look up. Please contact the court (702)293-9278 if you have any questions.
Applicable Moving Violations
- Failure to adhere to signs and control devices
- Failure to yield
- Following improperly
- Improper lane use
- Improper passing
- Improper turns
- Failure to signal
- Some speeding
Provided are 3 options you have if you receive a citation for any of the violations.
These procedures do not apply if an accident was involved or you received a citation for:
- Careless driving
- Failure to pay full time and attention/driving without due care or if an accident was involved
- Reckless driving
- Speeding more than 30 miles per hour above the posted speed limit or appropriate speed for the circumstances
Option 1: To Admit Responsibility - Points Will Be Assessed
Procedure to follow:
- Pay the full penalty amount shown on your citation in the box headed "Total Bail & Fees."
- The Court must receive the money no later than 90 calendar days from issue date of violation.
- You will be found responsible for the violation and points will be assessed against your driving record.
- Payment of the penalty can be made by phone, online, or mail a money order, cashier's check, or VISA, Mastercard or Discover credit card. DO NOT SEND CASH.
Option 2: To Admit Responsibility With Explanation
Procedure to follow:
- Fill out WRITTEN ENTRY OF RESPONSE form with your explanation. Mail or email this form back to the Court with within 90 calendar days from the issue date of your citation.
- You may request to complete traffic school to possibly reduce demerits on your driving record. You may contact the Court and request a list of accepted traffic schools. You may also attend traffic school via the internet, go to onlinecourteducation.com .
- Send to the Court the certificate of completion given to you from traffic school AND the WRITTEN ENTRY OF RESPONSE form. The Court must receive these two items no later than 90 calendar days from your citation issue date. It is your responsibility to make sure the court receives these items on time. The Judge will then review these items and the Court will mail or email you a response with an amount owed or a notice to appear in Court for a hearing.
- Payment of the penalty can be made by phone ($4.00 charge), online, or mail a money order, cashier's check, or VISA, Mastercard or Discover credit card. DO NOT SEND CASH.
Option 3: Contest the Citation
- To contest/deny responsibility, you must fill out a WRITTEN ENTRY OF RESPONSE form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 501 Avenue G, Boulder City, NV 89005 within 90 calendar days from your citation issue date. Also, you must post a bond of the total amount of the violation(s) and a $50.00 bond filing fee. The Court will mail or email you a notice of hearing date. You MUST appear on your hearing date or submit a written declaration setting forth your contest before your hearing date. This is your responsibility to keep in contact with the court of updated addresses and other contact methods.
Victor L. MillerMunicipal Judge
Municipal CourtPhysical Address
501 Avenue G
Boulder City, NV 89005
Phone: 702-293-9278Fax: 702-293-9345
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.